Sunday 22 May 2011

Custom Made

What do you do with spare time? I guess we all roughly do the same thing , but what do you do when you have an excessive amount of free time on your hands with nothing constructive that HAS to be done?

I tend to pace up and down the hall being a bit hyperactive not really knowing where to place myself - I'm not in the mood to watch a film or listen to music or catch up on salacious gossip

and so instead I find myself dusting off all the books I've purchased from amazon over the past few years and actually READING them. I know! READING them - not just letting them sit there looking pretty. (They are pretty, thats why I bought them)

I start with books about shoes -easy reads , I'm already hooked by the words 'jimmy' and 'choo'

I must say I've learnt much about shoes over the past few weeks , from origins of the venician chopine to the deep and intense reasons as to why women are obsessed with stillettos but the thing that I found most interesting wa


TRAINERS.

yep. those ugly but comfortable things that really should be confined to people with lack of taste / the gym.

To me they are not fashion they are function.

But did you knoooow that to 'trainer geeks' wearing the wrong pair supposidly says alot about you in the fashion stakes. Honestly. A battered pair of canvas pumps with jeans and T-Shirt may be on trend but to the trainer trendies you are an absolute plonker.

At 5'3 and a half clumpy Nike custom mades are not my idea of fashion happiness, but I've always been partial to a bit of Converse and my pink ones are pretty tatty these days so to save myself pacing up and down the hallway I invested a bit of time into creating my own custom made high tops :
















No comments:

Post a Comment