Tuesday 13 July 2010

watch things on VCR with me and talk about big love...


i think we're supserstars.
you say you think we are the best thing...

I could carry on typing XX lyrics forever but I guess I should stop and tell you of another tale, this time a tale of fashion music.

which results in very big BIG fashion hapiness may I add.

Last night not one person at Roundhouse could have walked away feeling dissapointed with the nothing less than amazing performace AND all round atmosphere of iTunes festival's latest installement.


Two bands.




The XX and Wild Beasts.




I've been scouring the world wide web to find the ultimate video of performances but to no availability (as of yet) . If you don't know the XX very well I suggest you type them into your search engine and see the rave reviews they've had in less than a year...to quote but a few

'The xx have made a debut that sounds utterly flawless; it’s the kind of album that bands take years to create.' Delusions of Adequacy
'It’s strange that such a traditional set-up (drums, bass, keys, guitars, voices) has resulted in one of 2009’s most unique debuts.' NME

Ending with a bass-tastic version of 'Stars' would have been good enough but then came the glittering confetti.


And I do like if not love a bit of a glitter showering.


You can tell their music and style is heavily influnced by a strong London background and I predict trend setters as this band heads up the commercial ladder of fame and fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment