Sunday 18 July 2010

I couldnt be bothered with a good title so its just... Grunge.

So I'm collaborating with Rob and Sarah on a new shoot and we're going for a grunge-esk look.

The biker boots, crop tops and ripped jeans have slowly been creeping they're way mainstream and now its time to go 90's Nirvana heaven with plaid, ankle skimming bodycon dresses with dark dark lips and pale pale skin.

A few months back I managed to purchase myself the journals of Kurt Cobain and have been inspired ever since to go grunge.

Today I blagged myself quite a few bargains at the boot sales (Jades influence ofcourse) - silver chain belts, boots, cut off denims and a whole load of baggy Tee's


if you would like to donate me anything else to add to the collection nudgenugdge wink wink hint hint...


ok so you think Taylor Momsen is one of the key movers and shakers on the grunge front?


WRONG.


shes made it commercial, fashionable again if you like.

but what about the people who were actually old enough to appreciate the 90's like Courtney Love and Alison Mossheart?

(my main style influences of the 90's went by the names of sporty, scary, baby, posh and ginger so I'm one to talk hey but even so my point is valid)


Mary Kate Olsen is my particular grunge girl crush and so my picture space is being taken up by her, enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment