Saturday 26 March 2011

Dolce Vita - a story about a beautiful life created by a beautiful friendship



And when I took the Visa out of the card reader the dolly dressed in black said

'this will be your new best friend'

We laughed, she was joking ofcourse, and I carried that big green bag with gold writing across the front around like a weapon of snob destruction. It's a case of false economy I guess carrying around a Harrod's bag as big as myself when I'm not even able to pay back a £10,000 student loan, but the feeling of eyes watching me and brains thinking 'daddy must be minted' was priceless. 

(um just so you know I actually wanted a big yellow bag i.e Selfridges - but thats another story in itself and doesnt really go with the dramatic mood of this piece... ok back to the story)

If my life was a movie and the soundtrack had kicked in Stevie Wonder 'Isn't she lovely' would have been playing and I would be swaying in a dreamy state of affection for my new BFF

And in moment of thoughtfulness I decided the dolly dressed in black was right.

The purchase waiting for me in a gold embelished dustbag was a classy friend - she would always make me feel worth a million and I will always look good when shes around.

Shes original but also classic in style - theres nothing to dislike, I can take her anywhere.

Shes strong enough to hold all of my crap and I can control the zip across her so she keeps all of my secrets safe.

Shes not too small and shes not too big so I never feel inadequate for any occassion and if I am feeling fickle (I'm prone to it) she won't moan or bitch that I've taken another...

Because after all, she is just a bag.

Just a bag?

She's not JUST a bag she's a Vivienne Westwood Dolce Vita.


And shes my new best friend.






(Thanks Aunty Viv for making her so perfect. Love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment